Dental Health Expert Forum
firm white spot on side of tongue.
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

firm white spot on side of tongue.

Hi,

As my question title says, I have a firm white lump on the back of my tongue, and on the side, that has been there for a couple of months. There is no pain assosiated with it. I have been to a DDS and my primary care doc and both have said it is nothing.  Is it possible that this could be a Mucoid Cyst?  I am worried because it is not going away, yet everyone is quick to blow it off as nothing.  I know it is hard for you to make a judgement call, not being able to see it.  What do you think I should do?  Just stop worring about it?

Thanks,
Shawn
Related Discussions
For your peace of mind I would consult an oral surgeon.From your description it does not sound serious but I would have it checked out.
4 Comments
Blank
160332_tn?1207766145
Additionally, it has not changed in size over the few months and it is about 3 - 4  mm in diameter.
Blank
If it hasn't changed size and from what you descroibe of it's appearance it does sound like a small cyst.  Has it reduced in size at all?
Blank
I have almost the same thing, but mine is on my soft pallet in the very back left side.  It isn't raised, no pain with it, I would not know its there.  It has been there over 2 months! Makes me nervous!  I am 29 wks prego now, but the first dr said its probably hormones (after going to urgent care) my primary dr said not to worry, my dentist said-Oh that unique - tooks some pics (as he was not concerned it was anything serious) and then he sent those to aoral surgeon that pretty much dismissed it to.  I still haven't found out what this is but have aprenatal appt on Monday I might ask to get it tested for peace of mind.  Have you found out what yours is yet?
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
540545_tn?1377626518
Jerome Tsang, DDSBlank
Irvine Modern Dentistry
Irvine, CA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now