food stuck in wisdom tooth etraction site...
After a wisdom tooth extraction, what should you do if you've accidentally gotten a bit of food stuck in the hole?

I've attempted to rinse with warm salt water, but it doesn't seem to help. If it's any help to know, I believe it's a bit of banana muffin. I'm five days out from the surgery, too.

Also, is there any real danger in catching food other there? Will it cause dry socket or an infection?

Thanks so much. I really appreciate it. :)
Youa re not the only one that this has happend to it happend to all of us.
what you need to do gargle with peroxide and warm water and the swish it around the extraction area. Trust it will help. Until hole closes us you have to keep doing it.
Hey when I had my wisdom teeth taken out that is exactly what my dentist told to me to do and it work. The reason she said to use the peroxide with warm water was to clean the hole area because the foo was in there and there still may be little particles in there and also it cleans the whole
You can also try a syringe.  Fill it with water & use that to specifically clean that area.