Dental Health Expert Forum
gel-kam causing pain and discomfort
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

gel-kam causing pain and discomfort

i have pretty good oral hygiene.  floss and use a fluoride rinse every day.   i use gel-kam occasionally because a few years ago i had what my dentist described as a "trouble spot" and the gel-kam seems to have helped the issue.  recently the gel-kam has been hurting another area when i apply it.  it was, for a few weeks, an intense deep pain.  now a few weeks later, much milder and more discomfort than pain.  i am having trouble telling if it is one tooth or more than one tooth which is hurting.  i believe gel-kam might be acidic in some way and this  might be the issue, yet gel-kam is a suggested toothpaste for sensitive teeth so i have trouble believing this is a general reaction and i am also having trouble finding other instances of this issue online (gel-kam causing pain and discomfort).  any idea what is going on with this reaction?  the tooth, by the way, does not hurt normally.  only, it seems, when gel-kam is applied.  thank you for any assistance with this issue.