Dental Health Community
gum bleeding

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

gum bleeding

I bleed from my gums and also it causes a kind of pain when its pressed. I have this problem for almost 1.5yrs now but it has not got worse till date. Its present in the upper and lower canine teeth and also to its adjacent ones as well only on the left hand part of my mouth. And also this causes a slight bleeding in the morning while I brush and also sometimes during the day with just less than a drop of blood when I spit the saliva out. I also feel the blood taste and smell in the morning and also do I feel that I have got a bad breath due to this. I am gay and had unprotected sex and also tested for STD and HIV and results came back negative. When I read about the symptoms of some STDs it was mentioned that it could also harm the dental system. will this be because of any STD/HIV infection or due to any deficiency ? kindly help me.
You have periodontal disease caused by plaque build-up.  You need to go to the dentist and get your teeth cleaned, and then start taking good care of them, or your teeth will eventually get loose, and can fall out.  It does cause mouth odor and you don't want this.
Plaque build-up is caused by not brushing correctly or often enough.  Food particles remain around the teeth working their way between your teeth and gums, causing swelling, redness, and bleeding.  Brus, floss, and use listerine 2 X a day, it is very good for your gums.  You cannot correct this on your own at this point, but a thorough cleaning by the dentist will remove it all, but then you have to keep up good oral hygiene.
Thank you.

Would this also be a symptom of STD ?
No.