Dental Health Community
gum receding after crown and veneer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

gum receding after crown and veneer

Hi! I am new to this forum. I recently broke 3 teeth, the 3 teeth away from the midline to the left side, including one of the front tooth. however, i got porcelain crown on the broken 3 teeth and veneer on the healthy front tooth, the reason i got the veneer for the healthy tooth is make the two front teeth look even. after the crowns were put in. My gums started to recede. my left and the right front teeth gums don't look even. is it normal after have teeth crowned? initially after the dentist installed the crowns, the crowns didn't look even. the veneered front tooth looked longer than the crowned front teeth. so I went the dentist and he tried to smooth the veneered tooth. but instead to make it even, he then made the veneered tooth shorter than the crown tooth. I am so upset with they way they look now. What are the options do I have? should I ask him to replace the veneer? whould it make my gums recede more if i replace the veneer? Please advise. Thanks !
I don't trust general dentists anymore. If you went to a general dentist for this, maybe you might want to re think going to a prosthodontist.   I have a trouble with a crown for 7 months and it is still irritating my gums.  I am trying to figure out which prothodontist to go to but it is hard.    My other dentist that put it on lol   he states there isn't anything wrong with it.    Better go to a professional with some experience no matter if it cost a little more, it will probably be worth it in the long run.  

I might go to a general dentist for cleaning, but not for anymore restorations like a crown.

This crown he put on my mouth is receding my gums also, he tried to say it was the way I brushed.  I said if it is the way I brush, why are my other gums fine.

What a mess.  Now my facial muscles feel like they are moving and my arm feels like it is getting numb.   Probably because of the nerve, but I think when he put the crown on he pinched a nerve or something and crown itself is ill fitting. really ill fitting.  

Hope you can get your issue resolved,  Beleive me go to a specialist, you will be alot better off.   I just can't decide who I want to go to but I have to get this crown off of my tooth before it causes more damage that it already has.

Good luck

also, I have started getting headaches and a little dizzy.  LOL  I know it is all caused from the crown he put on.  I have never had this happen to me before and my jaw is sore and the bottom of my chin and neck muscles feel like they pull once in a while.

New crowns should not impinge upon the underlying bone and connective tissue fibers overlying the bone. If crowns are prepared too deep, the gum tissue in time will be irritated, inflamed, recede or may even develop pathologic gum pockets.

I read this and it scared me to death, this is from a dentists site, I forget which one.