Dental Health Expert Forum
hard round white bony swelling on gum

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

hard round white bony swelling on gum

I have a hard, bony, round, white colored swelling on my right upper gum above the molar on the inner side. It has been there for almost two years now. I showed it to a dentist as I am a heavy smoker and was worried about cancer but he just disregarded it. That was a year ago. On some days it feels less swollen when I rub my tongue over it, but of late I am feeling a pressure sensation all the way up my right nostril and sometimes above my right eye. What could this possibly be? It worries me a lot and on some days I get obsessive about it. Is this possibly cancer?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
I would have it checked out by an oral surgeon. It is impossible to give you an opinion without seeing it but it does need to be addressed. I doubt very much that it is cancer.
does not sound like cancer. i'd have an oral surgeon or periodontist take a look at it.
I had a whole in my back tooth. The dentist that I went to, was a first time thing. he did some things to my motuh, that I nver authorized him to do, and is actually demanding I pay him for it. Anyhow, one of the things he did, was put a big filling over the tooth that I had a hole in, it was fine after a few moths, then i began having sever pain. I took all kind of pain killers, and everntually it went away, before I had the chance to get it pulled. Well, the tooth no longer bother me, and almost a year later, I have a huge knot under that tooth. I went to the dentist, because I was a bit scared, the dentist gave me medication, and told me I would eventually have to get this tooth pulled, or get a root canal. WEll my hard headed behind didn't do either, I now have a bump over top of the knot, it is filled with pus, and the more I bust it, the more it comes back. Has anyone ever had this problem, and if so, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS LUMP, and is it as severe as I think it is.