Dental Health Expert Forum
hard round white bony swelling on gum
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

hard round white bony swelling on gum

I have a hard, bony, round, white colored swelling on my right upper gum above the molar on the inner side. It has been there for almost two years now. I showed it to a dentist as I am a heavy smoker and was worried about cancer but he just disregarded it. That was a year ago. On some days it feels less swollen when I rub my tongue over it, but of late I am feeling a pressure sensation all the way up my right nostril and sometimes above my right eye. What could this possibly be? It worries me a lot and on some days I get obsessive about it. Is this possibly cancer?
Related Discussions
I would have it checked out by an oral surgeon. It is impossible to give you an opinion without seeing it but it does need to be addressed. I doubt very much that it is cancer.
3 Comments
Blank
does not sound like cancer. i'd have an oral surgeon or periodontist take a look at it.
Blank
I had a whole in my back tooth. The dentist that I went to, was a first time thing. he did some things to my motuh, that I nver authorized him to do, and is actually demanding I pay him for it. Anyhow, one of the things he did, was put a big filling over the tooth that I had a hole in, it was fine after a few moths, then i began having sever pain. I took all kind of pain killers, and everntually it went away, before I had the chance to get it pulled. Well, the tooth no longer bother me, and almost a year later, I have a huge knot under that tooth. I went to the dentist, because I was a bit scared, the dentist gave me medication, and told me I would eventually have to get this tooth pulled, or get a root canal. WEll my hard headed behind didn't do either, I now have a bump over top of the knot, it is filled with pus, and the more I bust it, the more it comes back. Has anyone ever had this problem, and if so, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS LUMP, and is it as severe as I think it is.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
540545_tn?1377626518
Jerome Tsang, DDSBlank
Irvine Modern Dentistry
Irvine, CA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now