Dental Health Expert Forum
have a cavity... no dental insurance

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

have a cavity... no dental insurance

Hello, I can't remember the last time I was at the dentist but at the time the dentist said I had no cavities. Now I'm 21 and I have a cavity in on of my top molars. I don't know what to do, I don't have dental insurance and I really don't have the money to get it fixed. I don't want to wait any longer and have it get any worse but I don't have the extra arm and a leg the dentists charge. Is there any alternatives out there that aren't going to put me in the poor house for years?
You can also contact your local dental society to find out if there are any dentists who are willing to provide low cost or free services possibly.  There may also be some clinics around who may be subsidized by local, state or federal governments to provide services.
Avatar n tn
Check out the dental schools at your local major university.
ok, thanks for the help!