Dental Health Community
headache and jaw pain months after fillings

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

I had 6 fillings (4 replacements of old fillings and 2 new ones) done about 2 months ago. 2 fillings where in the upper right teeth, 3 in the lower left and one in the upper left. Since I have had the fillings done I have been experiencing some jaw pain, mostly in my lower jaw on the left side but also on the right side (though no fillings where done on the lower right side). I have also been having moderate headaches mostly in the temples, above the eyebrows and ears. Ear infection and sinusitis have been ruled out by my GP. I have NO pain in any of my teeth!!! Could the head and jaw pain be somehow related to the dental work I've had done? Is there any need to go back to my dentist (keeping in mind that this will probably cost me some more money)? any ideas what could be causing my pain?

Going back to your restorative dentist to have occlusal adjustment is advised. If your dentist can not adjust bite optimally, you may need to see a prosthodontist or occlusionist.