Dental Health Expert Forum
i had blisters that formed at the corner of my mouth what is it?

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Hi doctor, I woke up one morning and saliva drooled out on the right side of my mouth. I wiped it causing it to become dry then scratched and constantly licked it because i thought it was no big deal. 5 mins later it formed blisters which seem like it had tiny little clear fluid filled blisters. It was itching, burning and swelling, the area looked infected. I have no idea what this could be because shouldn't i get some kind of warning for about 1 - 2 days before a cold sore appears? I don't remember the right corner of my mouth itching a day before. Anyways the blisters brusted and had yellow scabs over it. It only appeared on the right corner of my mouth, there was nothing on my lip, chin or anywhere else on my body.

Do you guys have a idea of what it can be?
Where exactly is the location of the blisters?  I'm imagining that its on the corner of your lip.  Are you saying its in your mouth on your cheek?

Its sound like a cold sore but I would recommend seeing your dentist if the symptoms persist.  Usually a cold sore should last 1-2 weeks and does have some itching/tingling prior to appearance.

Also, be careful with the fluids in the vesicle as it can be contagious and reinfect you.

Hi Jerome Tsang thanks alot for answering my question.

There where no blisters on the lip at all. just right at the corner of my mouth.

I drew a cartoon face where i labeled where the blisters are please have a look:
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/9403/5shapesqa0.jpg

*same corner i drooled out that morning
by the way this is MrSoWorried i lost the password for my account so i made a new one thanks again!
nevermind i got the password and yes OneDream is my account