Dental Health Expert Forum
in pain

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

in pain
I had a root scaling and planing about 3 weeks ago and have had pain in upper right, sensitive to cold at first but has worsened to any kind of meal just had pasta painful..my dentist says I am grinding or clenching due to stress. Never have before I am 47 & never had tooth pain until this visit.  Says it is muscular? Anyway advil everyday and abesol ...for how long?....
It seems unusual to have that much pain after a scaling and root planing procedure.  Sometimes there's some soreness and pain afterwards but it usually doesn't last 3 weeks.  The sensitivity can remain for awhile though.  Have you gone back to your dentist to get it checked out?