Dental Health Expert Forum
infected extraction?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

infected extraction?

HELLO ,
I HAD AN EXTRACTION ON FEB. 23RD. AND ITS BEEN VERY PAINFUL . I FELT NASTY STUFF GOIN DOWN MY THROAT AT NIGHT ALSO I STUCK A BRIGHT LIGHT IN THERE AND SEEN YELLOW STUFF IN THE HOLE OF THE EXTRACTION? IS THAT MEAN IM INFECTED. I DID HOWEVER GO TO THE REDI CLINIC AND THEY DONT AS YOU MAY KNOW ...THEY DONOT KNOW MUCH ABOUT TEETH BUT THEY GAVE ME PENCILLIIN AND IM TAKE'N IT 4 TIMES A DAY. THIS IS THE 4TH DAY I BEEN ON IT AND STILL MY EXTRACTION SITE IS LIKE DISCHARGING YELLOW STUFF IT TAST HORRRRRRIBLE. I MEAN REALLY NASTY. I CLEAN IT OUT WITH A QTIP AND ORALJEL ANTISEPTIC RINCE IT'S MADE FOR MOUTH SORES AND TEETH PROBLEMS SO I GOT A FEW BOTTLES FROM THE STORE LOL I'VE WENT THREW LIKE 5 OF THEM. I CANNOT STAND THAT NASTY TAST IN MY MOUTH SO I BEEN CLEANING THE HOLE OUT SEVERAL TIMES A DAY AND BRUSHING AND RINSING SEVERAL TIMES A DAY! I HAD THE MOLAR REMOVED ON THE LEFT LOWER THE ONE INFRONT OF MY WISDOM TOOTH..WHICH IS IMPACTED SO IT ENDED UP RUINING THE MOLAR INFRONT OF THEM THATS WHY I HAD IT REMOVED. NOW MY WISDOM TOOTH MADE A BIG HOLE BUSTING THREW SIDEWAYS THEN I HAVE THE HOLE LEEKING OUT PUSS YELLOW LIKE STUFF INFRONT OF IT UGH..IT'S *****..ANY ADVICE FOR ME? SHOULD I GO BACK TO THE ER CLINIC? MY DENTIST IS MILES AWAY WISH HE WAS CLOSER THEN THIS WOULDNT BE SO HARD TO DEAL WITH BUT...MILES AND MILES AND ONLY GOT MEDICAIDE...I LIVE IN SMALL TOWN WHERE NO ONE TAKES MY COVERAGE .HOW LONG SHOULD I LET IT GO B4 GOIN BACK TO ER