Dental Health Community
infection??? please HELP!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

infection??? please HELP!

thist past week, i have had the worst toothache. it started with my tooth feeling very sensitive, then the next day it hurt. severely. i tartd taking an antiboic, and finaly after almost 7 days, it no longer hurts. i am assming it was infected because this has happened before. same as last time,  only this time my mouth and face didn't swell up. i am guessing because i started the antibiotic sooner rather than later. but my question is, can that cause lymph nodes to swell, and if so which ones? becaue i noticed last night that i have a bump on the back of my head. it feels like a swollen lymph node but i cant be sure. the skin isn't very moveable because of where it is at, so if it is i cant tell if it is moveable or fixed to the skin. hard, or any of those signs of cancer. is this normal?
Dear Jobean,
Please realize the process of tooth and root decay keeps happening unless people change dietary habits.  I assume you already have good hygiene. Although dental problems have been the bane of mankind since the dawn of time, factory food products, social eating traditions, and use of sugar in just about everything does nothing to prevent tooth decay. People in modern society unfamiliar with whole foods just keep going to the dentist for their repair until they are 80 years old or so and get their remaining teeth removed and replaced with dentures.  Loss of a single tooth is sorrowful, a strike against our physical perfection.

There are natural remedies that can be of immense help in fighting decay, infection, pain, and keep your mouth healthier.  I suggest these are very important as they are less expensive and quicker than going to the dentist ever time there is a problem.  Of course we want to stop having problems.

Infection
Oregano was determined in 1910 to be the herb with greatest antibiotic properties. Boil a pint of water, turn off and add 1 tbspn oregano leaves to the water.  When cool strain and sip. It can take effect with two to three hours, and will reduce blood sugar levels. All depends on body conditions. Experience has shown it cuts dental and external infections. Use of oregano oil has also been recommended on man webpages.

Swelling/Infection
Ancient Egyptians wrote that onions can sure 8000 diseases.  They have vitamin c and potent astringent chemistry that cleanses the body and infection. Very beneficial for abscesses.  Chop one half small medium onion and one long stick of celery into blender with one cup of water.  Drink slowly and smooth the juice over swollen area.

Pain
Dentist often recommend patients rinse with warm water and salt after treatments. This promotes healing.  Salt with iodine in it may be especially good as iodine is an anticeptic, an element that probably gets eliminated by a diet with too much sweets.

All Problems
Wheat Grass Juice is 70% chlorophyll which promotes red blood cell production.  In "The American Journal of Surgery" (1940), Benjamin Cruskin, M.D., recommends chlorophyll for its antiseptic benefits. The article suggests the following clinical uses for chlorophyll: to clear up foul-smelling odors, neutralize strep infections, heal wounds, hasten skin grafting, cure chronic sinusitis, overcome ear inflammation and infections, reduce varicose veins and heal leg ulcers, eliminate impetigo and other scabby eruptions, heal rectal sores, successfully treat inflammation of the uterine cervix, get rid of parasitic vaginal infections, reduce typhoid fever, and cure advanced pyorrhea in many cases.

May you have the brightest smile!
Gee whiz, I forgot about calcium.  Calcium is most abundant mineral in body, has role in every physical process and relieves pain.  Take a tablet of calcium and smash it into powder on a cutting board with wooden something or other. Rub it around the gumline of all your teeth and sore area.  Also use as a supplement.

Greens
If you were in the tropics and you legs had big open sores full of pus (staff infection) I would tell you to immediately do some oregano tea and to eat a salad of dark greens like parsley, kale, broccoli, and cabbage.  Not only does each of these greens have chlorophyll but chemistries that promote cleansing of the bloodstream and satisfaction of hunger.  Cabbage is especially recommended as it relieves cravings for sweet foods. It is very beneficial to spend a whole day just eating one single head of cabbage. Of course on a normal basis you should eat salads made with a variety of greens as well as onions and garlic.

To win in the war against dental problems is to fight for your life. Maybe I should say run for your life as sweet factory food products and dentists are chasing you and everyone.
Hi, I have never heard of this happening, and I think it warrants being checked out.  Anti-bitoics are only given when a tooth is infected (abcessed) and swelling occurs. This is done so that they can proceed with doing whatever is necessary to the tooth without having the infection spread or in the way. I think with you having the two problems, I would see your doctor and/or dentist.  For a tooth to hurt, it has to either have a cavity or be infected, and either way it needs to be fixed, probably with a root canal.  I'm not even sure you have  lymph nodes on the back of your head.  Best to error on the cautious side, at all times.  I'm sure it's not cancer, but needs to be checked out.
mammo is correct. the tooth needs to be fixed or the infection will return and consult a doctor about the lump. odds are it has nothing to do with your tooth but a lump needs to be checked no matter what the cause. it is most likely a harmless cyst but have it checked out. good luck!
i know that the tooth is infected, because it has been infected before. i need to have a root canal done but until now have not had insurance or the money. the lymph nodes in the back of your head at the base of your head. where yor head and neck meet are called the occipital lymph nodes. wouldn't it make sense for them to swell if i am fighting a tooth infection?
Absolutely!  But this would mean the infection is severe.  Is there anyone you can borrow the money from to get the root canal done?  You have to be careful of tooth infections, as it can spread to the brain.  This happened to a friend of mine, she had to go into the hospital, but all turned out okay.  Don't want to scare you, but infections can travel, and fast.  Maybe you could work out a payment plan with your dentist, but do something.