Dental Health Community
jaw and neck pain after oral surger

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

jaw and neck pain after oral surger

I had my lower right impacted wisdom tooth removed the first week in April - it was a hard surgery and took almost two full weeks to "recover".  However since then (it is now June) I have had what feels like a knot in my lower jaw and which hurts to touch, pain when chewing and recently radiating pain down my front neck.  I have been back to the OS who basically blew me off and told me that everythign looked like it was healing just fine.  then I went to the dentist thinking it was another tooth causing me pain. After xrays and full exam my teeth are perfect and no sign of any bone issues either.  What on earth is this?  Nerve damage?  And why is it getting worse?  Truthfully the knot pain is less but hte shooting pain down my neck is worse.  Any ideas?
seeing an orofacial pain specialist or tmj specialist is advised.