Dental Health Community
jaw problems after wisdom tooth extraction

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Almost 2 years ago I had my lower left wisdom tooth removed, ever since I have had problems with my jaw. My jaw now pops, clicks, grinds, and makes crunching noises as well as locks. It causes me a lot of pain at times and seems to now be very sensitive to cold weather. I also notice that when opening and closing my mouth it seems like the alignment of my jaw is wrong, the right side appears to pop out when my mouth opens and the left does not. I never had any jaw problems before having my wisdom tooth out, my jaw had never even locked before. It is very frustrating and I just want to know what could have happened and how I might make it better?!?!
have you had an xray?  just to make sure your jaw bone looks ok.  another thing when ever you pull teeth it can change the way your teeth come together,also they can shift..get checked for tmj  sue
what ever happened with your jaw alignment problem?? because 2 months after my bottom wisdom tooth removals my jaw looks very uneven and still i have pain and numbness around the area of the removal. i have yet to get an x ray of my jaw but had x rays of the area where the removal took place. im just confused and dont know what to do. what ever advice you can give me id greatly appreciate it thank you :)