Dental Health Expert Forum
loose bridge

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

loose bridge
I have had a bridge for many years and tonight (Sat. night--no dentist available!) it became very loose. It is only being held in one place on the rear tooth. I am tempted to try to remove it because frankly I am afriad it will come off when I sleep (tongue pushing on it). Should I try to take it out? Can I use a fixodent kind of product on it?
Are you in any type of pain?  I would be careful in removing it if you choose to do so.  You may break off pieces of your teeth underneath if removed improperly and I wouldn't want you to choke/swallow any pieces that may inadverently come off.  

I would leave the area alone and see your dentist as soon as possible.  If it does fall out, you can try to cement it yourself with a temporary cement they sell in stores.  Fixodent would work as well but probably not as effectively.