Dental Health Community
lower denture problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

lower denture problem

I was recently fitted with a lower denture. When I wear them for more than a couple of hours I begin to feel weakness throughout my body. It starts with a tightness from my temples into my head and then travels down through my body . Could this be a reaction to the material that the dentue contains or to a foriegn object in my mouth? I am desperate to wear the denture yet due to this reaction I cannot.

This discussion is related to new bottom denture problem.
common manifestations of oral allergic reactions are erythema,swelling, and /or vesicles. Your descriptions appear to suggest occlusion of lower denture is not harmonious with tmj and associated with musculature.When you wear your lower denture,if you feel lower jaw is more protruded or deviated to one side,it takes more effort to swallow, pronunciation takes more effort, tongue does,nt rest comfortably, these symptoms are all related to denture occlusion. If your dentist can not adjust the denture optimally, seeing a prosthodontist is advised.
i recently got both upper and lower partials, my lower seem to be cutting my tongue on the metal and im having a hard time chewiin, cuz either it hurts or my lower plate is ready to fall out