Dental Health Community
lower gum pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

lower gum pain

My mom (89) is having pain in lower right side gum/bone area of mouth.  We thought it was her denture, but she actually has the pain after she takes out the lower denture.  The has very little bone left and almost no gum protecting the bone.    We have been to the dentist (soft reline - did not last) and recently to a prosthodontist who is relining the lower plate again, but I am not sure the plate is the actual problem, especially since the pain happens AFTER the plate is removed.  Could it be that the nerves are too close to the surface, and if so, could anything be done about that?   Any help appreciated.
Related Discussions
Your description is not detaled enough. However, I try to answer your question based on the imformation you provided. Is there a focal area of jaw bone exposure ? if there is, taking a dental x-ray is generally sufficed to rulr out bone pathology. If there is a focal area of erythema or ulcer,it's probably related to denture trauma.Just reling the denture is not enough. It's a common mistake that denture occlusion is not adjusted. Very often the source of trauma is from occlusion.Good luck
Regards
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank