Dental Health Expert Forum
lower jaw and teeth pain

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

lower jaw and teeth pain

id been feeling discomfort through out the day in my bottom jaw.When it layed down for bed the pain seemed to get more intense through-out the bottom jaw and all teeth in the bottom of my mouth.Ive rubbed bonjela all over the area several times.It has made my gums numb but my teeth are still aching alot.I cant bite down on them,any kind of mouth movement causes great pain. i have no decay visible and i cant feel anything out of the ordinary.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
From the symptoms it is possible that one of your teeth in the area might have a nerve problem. I would have them checked out asap.
it sounds to me like you need to see a dentist. no one can give you a diagnosis without seeing you, taking films, and doing a full dental exam. there are a myriad of things that could be causing your problems.
About 1 week ago,on my upper left side teeth started to bother me. I found myself wanting to bite down to help with the pain, it started hurting my left ear, and now the pain has moved into my lower left row of teeth and kind of into my neck, like a strained feeling in my neck. Some day's I feel nothing for panin, and others it is pretty bad. I still have a wisdome tooth on that upper left side, that has grown in oddly forward. The pain isn't really in one area alone, and like I said some day's it just goes away.
What could this be?
Thankyou
A related discussion, Lower jaw pain was started.
A related discussion, teeth pain was started.