Dental Health Expert Forum
lump in mouth?

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

lump in mouth?

I've had this cyst-like lump along my lower inner gum for quite some time now, It's about the size of a pea, and I was wondering what it might be.  Any ideas?
Avatar dr m tn
It might be a mucocele which is a blocked mucous duct, or a lipoma,or a fibroma, all of which are harmless but you should see an oral surgeon for a definitive diagnosis.
Avatar n tn
My 10 year old son has a pea shaped growth on his gums. It looks like a blister , it is full of blood. Is this somthing that I would see a dentist for or his regular doctor? What could it be? It has been there for about a month he told me today. I can not find a picture of it anywhere on line.
Avatar n tn
A related discussion, cyst like lump on lower gum was started.