Dental Health Expert Forum
metal sensation in mouth
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

metal sensation in mouth

I have been having a metal sensation in my mouth for approx. 3 wks now. I think it is the same time I started getting  a chalky like feeling in my mouth as well without the chalky taste. It is not a metal taste but a metal sensation. It is similar to when touching a filling with an utensil but not to that extreme. The sensation is there when I touch put my tonque on my teeth or the one side of my mouth. The other side is fine. It comes and goes, the sensation is not consistant. I do have a Thyroid condition and I am not sure if it is related to that or if it is related to dental fillings. Some of the fillings I have had for over 30 years. As far as I know they have not been changed or refilled. I hope this makes sense.