Dental Health Community
metal taste after crown

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

metal taste after crown

I had a crown seated in April, since then I've had to put up with a metal taste in one side of my mouth.  The crown was also too tall or something, because I had to go see another dentist to round out the edges.  The dentist that seated the crown said that it fit perfectly and was prepparing to start working on the tooth next to the afflicted one so I got out of there.  The new dentist said that he wasn't sure what kind of metal was used under the new crown, because the x-ray of it sort of passed through it.  Does anyone know what kind of metal this is and can this be something harmful to me?  Do I need to just get used to the metal taste or do I need to go through the whole process and get a new crown?  Also, i forgot to mention that along with this problem, I also feel a "popping" sensation/noise under it when I drink very cold drinks.  The New dentist also didn't know what to make of this.  

It is not an option to see the first dentist.  She didn't wear a mask or wash between patients, and I felt like she was trying to do a lot of unneccessary things to me.

Please let me know if anyone has any idea about my strange problem. Thanks
Tags: dentist
first you need to find out what that crown was made of. they have to disclose that info to you.  all of this sounds like poor dental work.  if it truely isnt a good fit or a crown that is what you paid for, tell them you want your money back. you can also file a claim complaining of the unclean practices.  some offices however have sinks outside the room and maybe you just didnt see them wash prior.  a mask should always be worn, osha wouldnt care for that kind of unsanitary behavior.