Dental Health Community
metal taste

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

metal taste

I am agorophobic so going to the dentist might be a bit of a stretch for me right now. my question is I have a metal taste in my mouth where my tongue touches the lower back teeth on both sides. About a year ago i had an infection above my upper 2nd tooth from the back. My doctor phoned in antibiotics for me but I never went to the dentist. Ever since I have had this taste in my mouth and that tooth is still sensitive as well as that sinus but no longer hurts. Is there any home remedy for this??
thank you
If your back teeth contain metal fillings or crowns, it's probably a reaction to the metal.  Metal, especially base metal like nickel and chromium, release metal ions all the time, and mixtures of different metals in the mouth produce a low electric current call galvanism, and it's really important never to have gold and mercury amalgam fillings in your mouth, especially next to each other.
thank you! I have caught myself sucking my teeth so may have disturbed something,
also i have my left side burning which occurs after nickel chrom crowns. Despite i pull out my teeth from there but it is always burning. Especially when i am in stress i feel it badly. i dont know what can i do