metalic taste in mouth
I too have a metalic taste in my mouth due to implants ( I have ruled out medications and foods) and although it is unpleasant, is it dangerous to ignore?
I wish I knew.  I have the most awful taste in my mouth which I think is due to implants. It is driving me insane - it never goes away and affect my life 24/7.  it tastes all my food and drink.  I worry about it constantly, as it feels like I am being poisoned or something.
Both my dentist and my GP think I am being 'over anxious' which is *causing* the taste.  I have never heard anything so ridiculous -  if anything I am anxious because no one is taking me seriously! I just hope this is self limiting and will resolve in time...I cannot bear the thought of living with this taste forever.
I agree, what is most frustrating is that no one takes me seriously either.
This was definitely not one of the side effects I expected and I am constantly looking for something to eat or drink to get rid of that taste, not that anything tastes like it used to.
Let me know if you find something that helps.
I, too, have a bad taste for the past month since my implants. I've had x-rays to check if there's any infection. Periodontist prescribed amoxicillin, then Augmentin, now Levaquin. It's still there!