Dental Health Community
mild pain 2-3 weeks after dental implant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Is mild pain on the implant site normal 2-3 weeks after the surgery? IT was a flapless single-stage/single piece implant with a temporary crown firmly fit right after the implant placement (upper canine)....right after the surgery i had irritation around the soft tissue, and the inflammation increased a bit last week...unfortunately my oral surgeon is in India, and I had to travel to Singapore for a couple of months, so unable to get a check up done by the same surgeon. his suggestion is to take antibiotics (Amoxicillin 500 mg) in case there is infection, and get saline water rinse and start using waterpik...I have started using saline water rinse and i think that has helped ease the gum irritation, but am not sure if this mild pain coming from within (I suspect it's the implant area) is a sign of further infection, or some natural symptom of the osseointegration/healing process. Much appreciate a response! If the antibiotic course doesn't reduce the pain, I plan to go to another dentist here in Singapore...