Dental Health Expert Forum
missing molars braces?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

missing molars braces?

Hi I am a 21 year old female who harboured a serious fear of the dentist growing up, as a result i lost my 1st upper molars a while back.In the last 2 years my wisdom teeth have started to emerge, my upper left molar is mostly visible so too is my lower right. My lower left is slowly emerging as well however i am unable to tell where i have an upper right 3rd molar. Nevertheless I hate having spaces in my mouth ( although no one can tell) and i'm seriously considering having these spaces closed. Therefore i was wondering if it is possible to use braces to push my teeth forward thereby pushing my 2nd molars into 1st and any 3rd molars into second. I know that this process would be long and arduous and would take an extreme length of time but i don't like the thought of having fake teeth (implants) and i cant afford them at this stage anyway. Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond.