Dental Health Community
mouth pain and white bumps in mouth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

mouth pain and white bumps in mouth

I would like to know why I am having mouth pain and what are these white bumps covering my tongue and the roof of mouth.

This discussion is related to Red bumps on my tongue.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
A clinical examination is necessary for correct diagnosis and management. The possible causes of your symptoms are oral thrush which is an overgrowth of yeast in the mouth causing white spots to occur on the tongue, gums, roof of the mouth and the inside of the cheeks. It is usually seen in people with poor nutrition, who use inhaled steroids or are taking antibiotics and individuals with suppressed immune systems. White patches can also be due to a condition called leucoplakia seen usually in those with weak immune system. It is best to get these bumps examined. Treatment depends on the cause. I hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!