Dental Health Community
mouth pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

mouth pain

i had my last back tooth on the top right pulled 3 days ago and the pain was so bad that it woke me up at 4 a.m. this morning. i've been doing everything the dentist told me to....i take motrin 800 mg every 8 hrs as needed but as soon as7 hrs go by the pain is back and its bad. i rinse with warm salt water as well but idk what to do abt the pain. it feels like where they stuck me with the needles is still swollen and the tooth thats right by the now empty space feels sore and sharp. should i be worried abt dry socket? when will the pain go away?
You should never have any pain after a tooth is extracted...only soreness.  It sounds like you may have an infection, call your dentist and insist that he see you.