Dental Health Community
multiple growths on roof of mouth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

multiple growths on roof of mouth

I am a 28 yr old woman. I have a torus in my mouth (in the middle of my upper palate) and a bony growth on the right side behind my pre molar. I have recently started to get other growths on the roof of my mouth. I saw my dentist last week and discussed the new growth on either side of the torus. He said that I dont need to be concerned. But just in the past 2 day 2 more bumps showed up. This time on the left side on the roof of my mouth one behind the other, between the torus and my molars. Please help me understand this. I feel lost and I am very scared. I have done a lot of research on this and cannot find any answers. I do not smoke or drink.
I also forgot to mention - I grind my teeth at night - does this contribute to the bumpy growth on the upper palate?
Seeing an oral pathologist or oral surgeon is advised.
I have multiple bony growths on the bottom of my mouth which causes x-rays to be extremely painful - I am generally in tears after having them done.  I too would like to know if removing them is recommended.  
I feel your pain, I too have that extra bone known as Tori' I recently had a dentist appointment and like you said, Those X-rays leave you in tears just as they did me.  You would think that if this extra bone is seen in so many dental patients that they'd be then came up with something so that the whole ordeal of getting an Xray wouldn't be so painful.  Dental Dr.s have said when they have looked into my mouth, "I've seen tori before but NOT this big."   SO I SHARE YOUR PAIN.  GUESS WE NEED TO HAVE FEWER DENTAL APPOINTMENTS TIL THEY FIND A SPECIALLY MADE XRAY DEVICE FOR THOSE WITH THAT EXTRA BONE CALLED TORI'  
I have had the tori since I was a child, I agree with so many others that xrays are painful, I saw an oral surgeon today due to the fact that my teeth are loosening due to gingivitis and will have to have the tori and the teeth pulled and get dentures. I asked him today about the tori and he advised me that it is hereditary, usually nothing to worry about unless it is painful to talk or eat. Mine is neither, however he did say that because the tori is so large the skin around it is very thin and may cause me to have sores under the denture, seems to me like I'm in a no win situation, but really have no choice in the matter.