Dental Health Expert Forum
neck pain related?

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

neck pain related?
I've been nursing a toothache for 2 yrs now as I'm petrified of the dentist. I've also been suffering from neck pain that no doc can diagnosis. (ct scan shows enlarged lymph node) Last week that darned tooth flared up again leading me to question the neck pain again as it flared up again too. Desperation sent me to an emergency dentist visit to find out the tooth is just fine, it's the bone that's infected. Is it just coincidentle that the neck pain and mouth pain are throbbing hand in hand or is there a connection?
There is a pathologic entity known as neck tongue syndrome.however, your descriptions are not consistent with this entity. Common cause of neck pain is myofascial trigger point, which may be perpetuated by chronic infection.A well fabricated occlusal appliance is highly effective for relieving neck pain associated with myofascial trigger point.Seeing a tmj specialist or chiropractor is advised.