Dental Health Expert Forum
nerve pain in tooth
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

nerve pain in tooth

i have a pain in one of my upper back teeth, it feels like a nerve, it started last night and it is severe what would be the cause and treatment of this problem? thanks
Related Discussions
I have no clue and I would be guessing.See your dentist asap.
4 Comments
Blank
I would recommend having a dentist take a look at it.  It could be anything, and without an exam or xray it would just be a wild guess.  Pain could relate to a dental abscess, grinding habit, cracked tooth, etc.  There are a bunch of things that could be causing it.
Blank
thanks for writing back... ill do that , but it has to be nerve or a root problem , ive taken pain killers but still hurts
Blank
I had some part of a filling come out in  a back molar and went to refill. Immediately after anes. wore off - that nerve pain you describe. It's been nearly 2 weeks, sedative filling and all; you touch one part of the tooth and youch. Feels like a nerve. So, was a nerve damaged? Root exposed? Dentist said tissue is healthy underneath (aside from the bad decay he refilled). Is root canal my only option?
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
540545_tn?1377626518
Jerome Tsang, DDSBlank
Irvine Modern Dentistry
Irvine, CA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now