Dental Health Community
new dentures

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

new dentures

I got full dentures yesterday and got 6 lower teeth removed. My top denture is ok as I had one in the top anyway so I was used to it and this one is great that I have got but the bottom one is giving me difficulties. It is only 24hours since I had it done but I am finding that it is rising up when I speak and eat...

is this normal, will it 'bed' in after a few days?
Tags: Teeth
I have new upper denture. Bottom are real. This is terrible. You said yours is ok. Mine, with a little powder stays thru coughing, talking everything except eating anything. When I eat it is all over the place. The bite does not feel good and some large areas of several bottom teeth never touch the denture.
Were your uppers fitting snugly? Did you have trouble with salad, hot dogs, peanuts? I am unable to grind up small or thin things.
Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.
unstable full lower dentures could be caused by1: overextension of denture flange2: occlusion is not full balanced3: ill-fitting surface. Full lower denture always yields much more problems than full upper. Multiple adjustments are required.
Lower dentures are always a pain in the butt. For the upper denture you have your palate, which creates a wonderful suction keeping your top denture in place. However, on the lower you just have a ridge of thin bone. On top of that you have to fight with your tongue trying to kick out your denture. Very rare is a good fitting lower denture. A new denture is just like a new pair of shoes. Give it at least a week of constant day wearing. Always take them out at night. You will need to go back to the dentist for adjustment, but as far as staying in your mouth real well, you just may not have too much of a lower bony ridge for a good tight fit. Unfortunatly what you may have to do is keep a lot of denture adhesive on stock.