Dental Health Community
node in lower jaw

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

node in lower jaw

Hello, I'm 22 years old, female. I have a , what I think it is, a swollen lymph node under my lower jaw. Thing is, I had a filling in my tooth, but during the pregnancy a little piece fall out, and after a while, I noticed that my lymph node under that tooth is swollen. So I went to dentist, he made X-Ray and said that the tooth itself most likely cannot cause that, because the root canal was done. He gave me antibiotics, for 10 days, now is 9th day, I do fell better, no fever, no pulsating feelings in my neck. However , the node is still there, and it doesn't hurt, but after I touch it - my ear on that side gets unpleasantly warm, and i feel not strong pain in neck. Sometimes I can feel that node when I swallow, not very much, but still. i don't know, maybe it will go away after he'll put a crown on that tooth, but I had that lymph node for 3 months now and even after antibiotics it didn't got smaller... I would really appreciate your opinion Doctor. I have a little child, and I want to be there for her and this unclear situation scares me, it's a huge psychological pressure. I never had anything like this before, I searched many sites for symptoms and haven't  found anything that more or less fit. I hope you'll be able to tell me more than my doctor.
Thank you for your time,
Anna
Tags: node, lower, jaw