Dental Health Expert Forum
numbness and right face infection

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

numbness and right face infection

my heart is pinching and my bones hurt badly now can a decay under the crown no tooth left to hold pin have a right swollen face and numbness can be caused by the decay that is under a crown that been there 10 years?
Tags: face
I'm not sure if I understand your question.

If you're asking if a swollen face and numbness can be caused by a cavity/decay underneath a crown, then yes, it can.  The bacteria can travel underneath the crown, down the root canal of the tooth to the jaw bone and spread from there to the cheek, parts of the face, down the neck, etc.  I would advise seeing a dentist immediately before the swelling continues to get worse.
I've been to the dentist and numerous doctors ..they(doctor) could not find the infection in my face it not till i almost swallowed the tooth from the root canal..no tooth left to hold the pin,,my face has been numb for 11 months..I just had my teeth cleaned 2 weeks ago and she didnt see the loose crown with decay...no medication..still been to hospitals too..they said its not that..so if the pus is comming from the face through the tooth..and thats not the cause of my infection all you dentist are confusing me..my face is still numb now...give me something i didnt do yet???and what damages it cause to the body...i tried to take some magnesium sulfate to do a #2 it almost paralized me...and no medication my dr refused a blood test..and they tried to treat the infection but it caused an allergic reaction to my tonsils...no dentist will touch me with this infection..cause no blood test or urine test..so tell me something new...i didnt try...infection getting worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have you considered going to a dental school?  It may be a good place to try since there will be plenty of dentists and oral specialists who may be able to help you.  Meanwhile, you should get another prescription of a different antibiotic if there's swelling.