Dental Health Expert Forum
numbness from cheek abscess
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

numbness from cheek abscess

Due to a tooth abscess, my cheek swelled out. An endodontist drained it and put my on a course of anti-biotics telling me it had reached a dangerous stage. (Prior to this the other side of my mouth had a gum abscess - and left untreated. My face and neck blew up and then went down without a problem)  A week later after the drainage, the swelling is down by about 90% but there remains a hard lump in my cheek, and the surface area of my cheek over it is numb, also affecting my mouth on that side. My smile is now crooked. Would you expect this to resolve on it's own or is it the result of going in there to drain it (and I think anti-biotics might have injected into it as well.
Tags: abscess