open margins on crowns
Hello...I have been treated by my my dentist... He is been working on my denture from invisaling to replacing one root canal crown..I just went to visit another Dr. since I was having discomfort on the crown that has been recently replaced, bad smell was coming out, this new Dr. took new X-rays and show an open margin, I went the next day to let my Dr. know about my concernings, He reviewed the x-rays taken by his team and everything looked ok. What should I do? should I look for a third opinion?  I do know that having an open margin can lead to decay. please begging your advise. thank you.
I just went through the same thing!  So I sought a third opinion, and went with the 2 out of 3.
what do you mean by open margin? a space between the crown and gumline can be fine a gap between the crown and the tooth parts that are covered isnt.