Dental Health Community
over the counter for swollen gums

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

over the counter for swollen gums

I am sure I have a gum infection...What is the best over the counter or home remedy that I can rinse my mouth with until I get to a dentist?
sometimes warm salt water rinses can help more than expensive over the counter meds. you do need to go to the dentist as quickly as possible because you need a cleaning and antibiotic to clear up the infection. if its more serious you may need additional procedures.
take 2 advil and rinse like lynn said but you need 2 get to dentist
Warm Salt water will help with the pain, but not the infection.  I would rinse with something such as listerine or crest pro health but the most important thing is to be brushing at least twice a day and flossing at least once a day.  
You can buy DIFLAM from the chemist for swollen and infections. You have to ask for it as not out on the shelf. Boots sell it.
what is DIFLAM ?