Dental Health Expert Forum
pain after bridge work

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

pain after bridge work
I had a upper left bridge made one month ago, and I am having a some discomfort when I chew.
I went back to the dentist, and he adjusted my bite. After that, initially, I felt better, but still I am having a pain when I chew on that side. He said, since I have some perio problems with the anchor teeth, he thinks when I chew on one of the anchor tooth, the bridge may try to pull the other tooth in causing a pain. Bite is OK. No sensitivity.
He just want to wait and see at this point, but if it still gives me a discomfort, he wants to cut the middle tooth out, so he can evaluate individual tooth. Is this sound like right?
The bite may need to be adjusted again or a referral to a periodontist (gum and bone specialist) to get the area evaluated.  Also, try to keep the area clean with brushing and flossing. I'm not sure about cutting the bridge into two pieces right now.  Was there any problems with the temporary bridge placed?  If not, I don't see why your permanent can't have the same problem free result.  Check the bite again.  
Seeing an occlusionist or prosthodontist to evaluate the bite is advised.
Hi!

Well.. it doesn't sound that good i think. He should make a panoramic x-ray in order he sees what's going on beneath, i assume there could be a piece or something underneath, which shall be removed from there, that could cause inconveniences.. Would You need a bigger dental work, consider to go abroad, my aunt has just been to Hungary at the empireclinic.. she really got a perfect work done, check! Bests
hi i want to know about various antibiotics anti inflamatorty , analgesics, enzymes, used in dentistry
What specifically do you want to know about those drugs?