pain in gum
I had a extraction a week ago .. i went back for pain after they told me dry socket ..but there"s a blood clot there its almost closed all the way i have a bump on the side of my gum that feels like a small rock under the skin...pain pain pain what does this sound like?
If you did have a dry socket, they should have packed some medication in there that would have made it feel better within about 10 minutes.  Dry socket does not require a huge hole, just one that goes to the bone.
There could be some fragments of bone under the gum, which would explain the bump.  
I had a tooth pull on my upper left side # 13 a week ago and I am still having pain.  I went back to the OR who extracted the tooth and he said everything look good to give it another week.  He gave me a prescription for pain but I take six a day plus over the counter pain meds.  What should I do from this point. I am still in pain