Dental Health Expert Forum
pain now after filling cavity
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

pain now after filling cavity

Hello,
I am 22 yrs old. I recently had a cavity filled. Prior to filling the cavity I had no pain on that tooth. It was from a routine check up that the Doctor told me that although I have no pain, it should be filled up before it worsens. Now after filling the cavity when having food I have pain on that particular tooth. I can
Related Discussions
I don't know the type of restoration that you received. My feeling is that it was a composite filling(tooth color). These fillings can be sensitive for a fairly long time(that can vary). I think you should wait a few more days and if there is no improvement, especially if you can not bite on it return to the dentist and have it redone.
4 Comments
Blank
I had a cavity filled about 3 months ago and it was uncomfortable for about a week.  The tooth felt very sensitive.  I just tried not to chew on that side and it went away after about a week.
Blank
if you had a composite placed (white filling) and it is on a back tooth, you can ask the dentist to replacer it with an amalgam (silver) filling with some sort of sedative base-- tjhat is if it is still uncomfortable after a week or two. composite fillings can cause alot of sensitivity.
Blank
Thank you for telling us that as I had no idea.  My mouth gets sensitive over stress, my menstrual cycle, and sinus/colds.  It only makes sense that would probably cause sensitivity, too.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
540545_tn?1377626518
Jerome Tsang, DDSBlank
Irvine Modern Dentistry
Irvine, CA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now