pain on tooth when tapped (tooth has been root canaled and crowned)
hi!
one of my upper left and one right molars have been treated with root canal and porcelain crown.
i have no pain when biting or chewing food.. but since the first day of the crowning (it's been about 1 year for the left molar and a few month for right molar) i experience pain when these two teeth are tapped .. even a light tap will give me some pain.. the pain is not much, but i can feel it there..
my dentist said no problem and it's just the sinus problem.. but even when i'm not having runny nose, i still experience the pain when my teeth are being tapped..

any solution to this? tx!!!

San_san,
I have had the same problem with an upper left molar treated in 2003 with root canal. My dentist cannot find any reason for this and did not attribute this sensation to sinus problem.  I had two other root canals completed in May of this year and these teeth also slightly ache/strange sensation when tapped (a different dentist did these). Like you, these teeth do not hurt when I chew and even when I brush with an electric toothbrush. I have come to the conclusion that teeth treated with root canal will never feel the same as my other teeth. My suggestion would be to try and avoid tapping the tooth.  Good luck.
Even if you don't have a runny nose it could still be hurting because of your sinuses.  If the roots are in the sinus then there could always be some kind of sensation from that.