Dental Health Expert Forum
painful bumps on sides of tongue

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

painful bumps on sides of tongue

I have uncomfortable bumps on the sides of my tongue towards the back.  It's kind of hard to eat becuase they hurt.  Would acidic food do this?  I've had them for about 2 days. Is there anything that would make them go away or feel better?  salt water or mouthwash?
Tags: irritable
Avatar_dr_m_tn
It's difficult to tell without doing an examination.  You should see your dentist or oral surgeon if this continues.
ye sit will help that. they will most likely go away within a week.
I have lost my sense of taste, with small sore bumps on th top and side of my tongue. I had it checked out but my results haven't got my results back yet. I would like some kind of idea of what it might be.
well, I was hoping to get advice from a professional, but it seems I can't post my concern here... Well, I feel I should becuase I am worried. I have these weird, raised, and various sized bumps on my tongue towards the back and on both sides of my tongue, on the lower half. My tongue feels swollen on both lower sides of my tongue towards the bottom... It is somewhat painful... Just very irritating. Please, someone tell me what is wrong!! I am a very paranoid person in nature and the slightest oddity of my body stresses me out. All I can say for sure is that these bumps are not normal and werent there in the past. So if you have ANY idea, or heard of something similar, please contact me at cerulean (underscore) jewls AT yeah-who. com. Thank you!

P.S if you can contact me on here, do that!

-Angela
A related discussion, bumps on side of tongue was started.