Dental Health Community
painfull abscess on roof of mouth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

painfull abscess on roof of mouth

hi i have had a dental abscess on the roof of my mouth for 3 weeks now, i have had two lots of antibiotics by the second one it was reducing in size, and the pain was minimal. i have also had it lanced twice. after the second time i was put on my second does of antibiotics. it was very painful to rinse my mouth, get the cold air on it or even take a cold drink, but other than that i wasnt in much pain at all. my antibiotics finished yesterday and since i have been in extreme pain, the tooth itself its very tender to touch and a hard lump had formed on my hard palet again, when pressed on some pus still comes out as the dentist left a hole in the abscess where he lanced so it could self drain. will i need another dose of antibiotics? what can i do in the mean time to keep the pain down? i also am experiencing pain in my cheek bone on the same side, is this connected?
thanks....