Dental Health Community
partial dentures uncomfortable

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

partial dentures uncomfortable

I got a removable metal partial lower and 'Valplast' partial upper denture several months ago and neither fitted. The Valplast one wouldn't ever go into my mouth it was so badly made. These are my first dentures.
The lower metal one now fits reasonably but still keeps coming loose when I eat and also hurts  when I chew somethings.
The upper Valplast one is nice and light but is very uncomfortable despite at least 10 adjustments to it and  is hopeless when I eat. It just keeps coming loose and tangling up with the food, and bits keep getting under it.
I have to take it out all the time and rinse it (during a meal sometimes a couple of times).
Both are so uncomfortable that I only wear them to eat or for a short time when I go out so the missing teeth don't show up.
I have to have another top front tooth extracted soon and have to get a new upper denture because they can't add to the Valplast one.
I'm going to a new dentist and technician for the new denture and wonder if I should get an ordinary acrylic one or try another Valplast one ? I don't know if all dentures behave like mine because I only have this one experience to go by. Other people seem to wear dentures around and put up with them OK
Can anybody relate to this and advise me please? This has gone on for 9 months and I'm fed up with it all.
Thanks.
I personally never use valplast in my practice because it violates some fundamental rules of  removable partial denture structure design. Seeing a prosthodontist is advised.