Dental Health Expert Forum
partial plate and ear pain

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

partial plate and ear pain
I received a partial plate about 8 weeks ago for three missing teeth on the upper left.  When I wear the plate, my ears ache very badly.  The plate seems to be squeezing or pulling inward because it fits so tightly.  I've had it adjusted twice.  Where the three teeth are located, the plate does not fit up against the gumline.  I can push on it and it moves upward.  The three teeth are actually lower than the front two teeth that they abut to.  Also,  I have an active infection on the bottom where a three tooth bridge is located.  It drains constantly so I have no pain.  Working with an perio. dentist and prosthedontis to get this fixed.  Question:  Is the ear pain due to the partial or the infection?  Thank you for your time and expertice!
It is possible that the earache is related to the soreness of the partial denture. I think it is necessary to have the denture adjusted for your comfort.