Aa
A
A
Close
partial plate
I had a root canal on a bottom side tooth one month ago. The endodondist went through an existing  crown but not from the top of the tooth.  The tooth is still sore to the touch but I believe it is healing all right.  My problem is that my partial plate wire goes around this tooth and it makes the tooth really sore, especially when I take the plate out.  The pressure soreness lasts a long time.  Also, I can't chew on this tooth when the partial plate is in. The plate feels awfully tight now.   Should I continue to try to "fit" the partial plate around the tooth, or do I need to have a new partial plate made?  The plate is 6 years old. The wire on the oppsite tooth does not hurt - just the wire on the affected tooth.  The partial plate has four back teeth on it - two on each side.   My dentist says the plate fits and there are no sore spots on the gums.  Right now, I am not using the plate but I am afraid my front bottom teeth will move if it is out too long.  Please advise.
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
270696 tn?1243551620
Your dentist should be able to loosen the clap around that tooth until it isn't so sensitive.  
Comment
Cancel
270696 tn?1243551620
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank