Dental Health Community
post nasal drip after tooth extraction
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

post nasal drip after tooth extraction

Hello

I am 50 years old. About a month ago I busted the left back top tooth. The dentist said the tooth could not be saved and he extracted it. I was never able to breathe through my nose properly prior to the tooth extraction and after the tooth extraction I can now breathe through my nose. Unfortunately I now have a post nasal drip that won't quit. I am fine when I wake up in the morning but as soon as I start moving the post nasal drip starts. I also have the feeling of something stuck in the top back of my throat that won't come out no matter how many times I swallow or spit. Prior to the tooth extraction I had never experienced either one of these problems. I asked the dentist why I starting having this problem after a routine extraction and his reply was 90% of people have sinus problems (this did not answer my question). My doctor has me flushing my sinuses every morning with a water and saline mix but I just want to get back to life without post nasal drip and the feeling of something stuck in my throat.
Any advise?