post nasal drip after tooth extraction
Hello

I am 50 years old. About a month ago I busted the left back top tooth. The dentist said the tooth could not be saved and he extracted it. I was never able to breathe through my nose properly prior to the tooth extraction and after the tooth extraction I can now breathe through my nose. Unfortunately I now have a post nasal drip that won't quit. I am fine when I wake up in the morning but as soon as I start moving the post nasal drip starts. I also have the feeling of something stuck in the top back of my throat that won't come out no matter how many times I swallow or spit. Prior to the tooth extraction I had never experienced either one of these problems. I asked the dentist why I starting having this problem after a routine extraction and his reply was 90% of people have sinus problems (this did not answer my question). My doctor has me flushing my sinuses every morning with a water and saline mix but I just want to get back to life without post nasal drip and the feeling of something stuck in my throat.
Any advise?

I''m currently having the same exact problem today. Last week I had a back tooth extracted and Ive been experiancing same symptoms along with alot of pain as if I never had the tooth pulled. The dentist said I had a dry socket and has been treating with medicated packing since Monday. I found sound relief the first day but found myself having to go back to get it packed again this morning because the pain was so intense.

I didnt have pain before the tooth was extracted and now Im regreting it everyday. As far as the sinus deal, Ive always had sinus problems but the post nasal drainage has been severe since the extraction. Ive been taking sudafed Decongestant tabs and they seem to work well for me. Hope this helps