Dental Health Expert Forum
pulling rotten teeth
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

pulling rotten teeth

hello, my teeth are in bad shape alot have broke off the one in upper top have broke opff all the way and i have several tha have broken in off in the gum how hard is it to get these pulled and get dentures and will i have to be put to sleep i am trying to get anew kidney and i have to do this thank you
Related Discussions
540545_tn?1377626518
It sounds like you do have some teeth that need to be removed and replaced with a denture of some sort.  Whether you can keep a few of your teeth or you need to remove them all needs to be decided by you and your dentist.  

The difficulty of the extraction again depends on how much tooth you have in relationship to the bone.  The more bone loss you have, generally, the easier it is to remove the tooth since there's less bone holding the tooth in place.  

Your dentist would have to consult with your physician in regards to any medical management issues with your kidney problems.  

You don't have to be put to sleep necessarily.

Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
540545_tn?1377626518
Jerome Tsang, DDSBlank
Irvine Modern Dentistry
Irvine, CA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now