Dental Health Expert Forum
pulsing bump on inside of lip

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

pulsing bump on inside of lip
I have had a small bump on the inside of my upper lip.  I first noticed it when I was 19 and am now 30. It is non painful but recently it seems to be getting larger and can be seen when I slightly open my mouth. I also notice now that it pulses and never noticed this before but it may be due to it getting larger. What could this be and is a dentist the right doctor to see for this?
I could be a mucocoele(this is where the duct of the mucous glands get blocked and fills up with fluid). That is one possibility. I think you should consult an oral surgeon for the definitive diagnosis.