Dental Health Expert Forum
purple spots on roof of mouth

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

purple spots on roof of mouth

hello, I am 18 years old and just recently looked at the roof of my mouth and noticed two light purple spots on the hard palate extending towards the soft palate. they do not hurt and are slightly raised. also, the border around the roof of my mouth is a grayish/purple color. also, the walls of the back of my throat are purple too. i do have sever allergies but that doesnt explain the two identical purplish spots on the roof of my mouth. can someone tell me what this could be?
Might be just pigmentation or possibly a bruise but since there wasn't any history of trauma, I would imagine its pigmentation.  I would recommend bringing it up at your next dental appointment.  In the meantime, just keep an eye on it and if it has any changes, go to your dentist.
I get bright purple dots on the roof of my mouth in the summer from allergies.  The roof of my mouth will itch terribly when I have them.  I would try some allergy medication to see if it goes away.  
i ad a puple spot on my palet, it was mouth cancer, mucoepidermoid carcinoma, go 2 the hospital ang get it checked please x