Dental Health Community
recurring canker sore in same spot

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

recurring canker sore in same spot

For the past year I have been getting a canker sore in the same spot.  It fades then comes back.  It started a month after my father died.  I also started the mini pill right before the first one showed up, but I am no longer on birth control.  I do not have dental insurance, but I need to know why this won't go away.  Would a physician be able to help or would they just tell me to see a dentist.  I do not want to waste money going to the Dr. only for them to tell me they do not know or to see someone else.  Any ideas on how to get rid of this sore?  Thank you
I as well have something like that and it won't go away. Mine doesn't puss or anything and it sits on the line of my gum but my gum is receeding..I have no idea and getting worried it might be cancerous.
It depends on the location, where is your sore appearing and what does it look like?  
note exactly what the area looks like where the sore appears so I can figure it out without a picture. And is it a bump, a cluster of bumps or blisters, or is it a caved out ulcer.
it is a blister, sometimes a little blister will form on top of it.  There is clear fluid in it.  It got so bg once I cut it out, because it was not going away now it is back again.  It is inside my lower lip, right where the top of my bottom front teeth hit.
It sits to the back right side wall in my mouth.  If I eat something, it acts up.  I pop it, then it comes back once I eat again.  It's just 1 blister that forms.  When not active, its flat and white looking.  There is no redness around the area and it does not hurt.  Its just annoying after I eat most meals.  If I see a doctor about it, who should I see?  ***@****
With regard to what you think is a canker sore - canker sores usually are very painful.  I would definitely spend the money and see a dentist who is knowledgeable in this area and/or an oral surgeon. It could be nothing and it could save your life.  My friend just went through the same thing and after 2 dentists telling her it was a canker sore it was diagnosed as a malignant tumor.  Please see an oral surgeon soon and make sure you know what you are dealing with.